Inside the virtual studio today is my guest Joel Zaslofsky. Joel is also the self-titled Chief Simplifier, Curator, and Founder of Value of Simple. He hosts the popular Smart and Simple Matters podcast and most recently, the author of Experience Curating: How to Gain Focus, Increase Influence, and Simplify Your Life.
In this episode, we dig deep into understanding simplicity, minimalism, the art of capturing information, and how to be more mindful and curate your existence. What I learned was that curating is actually tied very closely to the tenants of capturing, processing, organizing, and reviewing in GTD.
You’ll be as fascinated as me as Joel talks about how his personal renaissance began led him to leaving a cushy six-figure corporate job to lead what many would consider to be an unconventional career path. He set out to help people simplify, organize, and be money wise. He says his goals are straightforward: to help you rock the unsexy and undervalued side of life.
- Courtney Carver – be more with less – life on purpose
- Joshua Becker – becoming minimalist
- Elizabeth Loftus – Why Your Memories Can’t Be Trusted, TED Talks
- Robyn Scott - The 30 second habit with a lifelong impact
- Gordon Bell – Total Recall
Where to find Joel:
- Joel’s website
Spreadsheets and You: How and Why to Put Your Life in Them
- Value of Simple podcast
- Joe’s upcoming conference Simple Rev
- Google+ | Twitter | Facebook